Wowzer! This is the 6th project that we are doing out of that button-up men's shirt! So cool!
Let's see, we made a collar, shoe laces, a banana, a bow and a flower ring. Awesome!
Today we are pimping my favorite piece of clothing ever - Shorts!
Those who know me know that I live in them :)
Let's get started!
♥ a pair of shorts (I got those at the thrift store, they where long and ugly and I just cut them off.)
♥ carpet knife
♥ sand paper
♥ fabric scrapes
♥ needle and thread
2. Let out your anger, by cutting and sandpapering like a maniac (but please watch your fingers!). After that you need to rip the pieces apart.
3. Sew a piece of fabric a little bigger than the area you tore apart to the inside of the leg.
5. Take a small fabric square and pull out the horizontal thread (called weft) with a needle to get the super fringe look.
6. Sew the piece onto the outside of the shorts.
7. Cut a hole into the other pant leg and with the cardboard underneath, sandpaper it.
8. Sew a piece of fabric onto the inside.
9. Sew a cute ruffled lace onto the top of the back pocket.
Fold over the hem and look super cute in your new pimped up shorts!
Shorts, a razor, an old shirt, lace, sandpaper + thread? How was your week? - click to tweet!