DIY - Transform A Button Up Shirt Part V
Wowzer! This is the 6th project that we are doing out of that button-up men's shirt! So cool!
Let's see, we made a collar, shoe laces
, a banana
, a bow
and a flower ring
Today we are pimping my favorite piece of clothing ever - Shorts!
Those who know me know that I live in them :)
Let's get started!
♥ a pair of shorts (I got those at the thrift store, they where long and ugly and I just cut them off.)
♥ carpet knife
♥ sand paper
♥ fabric scrapes
♥ needle and thread
1. Place cardboard (two pieces on top of each other) inside the leg.
2. Let out your anger, by cutting and sandpapering like a maniac (but please watch your fingers!). After that you need to rip the pieces apart.
3. Sew a piece of fabric a little bigger than the area you tore apart to the inside of the leg.
5. Take a small fabric square and pull out the horizontal thread (called weft) with a needle to get the super fringe look.
6. Sew the piece onto the outside of the shorts.
7. Cut a hole into the other pant leg and with the cardboard underneath, sandpaper it.
8. Sew a piece of fabric onto the inside.
PS. Show me some love and like this below ;)
9. Sew a cute ruffled lace onto the top of the back pocket.
Fold over the hem and look super cute in your new pimped up shorts! Shorts, a razor, an old shirt, lace, sandpaper + thread? How was your week?
- click to tweet!
Want weekly inspirational makeout sessions + more radness delivered conveniently to your inbox? Sign up below. IT'S FREE!